Wednesday, March 29, 2006

and not a single drop to spare

spent the last two days working on a cable show called 'good eats' with alton brown. he's a real driven writer/director/performer/culinary artist/motorcyclist/chemist. you know the type.
spent the last two days in a foam pill-shaped costume with a hole for my head, hands, and legs. i was an oxygen atom. then bonded with a couple of hydrogen gloves and became a water molecule.
spent the last two days eating great food. he's a cook with a crew of cooks cooking for his cooking show. and when they're not cooking for the show, they cook for the crew. and that's the good eats.
spent the last two days mostly clean-shaven. they had to change camera angles in one scene tho, because my "ugly gorilla back hair" was grossing alton brown out. he has a weak stomach. he told me he kissed a man in mesh underwear once. sure, it was for a theater production. but he shouldn't cry about my back hair when he's had some in his mouth.
i kid.
spent two days kidding.

8 Comments:

Blogger rp said...

he kissed a man's ugly gorilla back hair? ewwwww.

3/30/2006 12:58 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Skip has back hair. And front hair. It's one of my favorite things about him.

3/30/2006 10:29 AM  
Blogger ablebody said...

so does my uncle skip. i bet you can trace us back to a single hair in africa.

3/30/2006 12:09 PM  
Blogger maryk said...

wow, so you had multiple days on that thing? That's pretty good, right? I want, more than I should, to be on his show, and even more than that, for him to like me. I'm already working up my defense of vegtetarianism which I will deliver right before eating whatever meat dish he and/or his chefs have prepared. Wow, it's delicious!

3/30/2006 12:47 PM  
Blogger Anne Elser said...

That is SO cool, Matt! He's a client of mine and oh such a golden one. Really smart, accessible, funny, easy to be with. The atmosphere of their hive is addictively healthy. They're all such neat people. I hope you get the chance to work with him again. Don't let the backhair thing get in the way. It could be a career decision. I shave Doug's backhair monthy and for good pay, too.

And Mary? He'd love you. Totally reminds me of both my brothers. I think that's a good thing.

I told him about naming Mom and Dad's Highland mountain house "Morningwood Rise". He got a kick out of it.

3/30/2006 7:31 PM  
Blogger ablebody said...

for a while on tuesday we were screwing around with the dialogue and i was sneaking in some lame white-boy street lingo, and all i could think was "if mary kraft were here this guy would flip his lid. i should get them to meet." then i thought i'd be out of a job.

3/30/2006 7:42 PM  
Blogger maryk said...

But then you'd have me in there, getting jobs for all the really cool, good people, and he'd save so much money by bypassing the Kris Redding casting bullshit that he'd be able to pay us all more $$$. It's a win-win.

3/30/2006 11:56 PM  
Blogger ablebody said...

enlight him with a missive! soft!

3/31/2006 2:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home