Wednesday, September 13, 2006

merely...


..a man

let's say i'm burnt beyond recognition. one way to identify my body is to look at the big toe on my left foot. there's a rock in it. an unmistakable dark spot. it's been in my toe since childhood.

let's say i've been dismembered. on a beach. the left foot washed out to sea. the best way to identify me at this point is comparing my head to my headshot-resume. or find the credit for taming of the shrew with the georgia shakespeare festival*. i lost a tooth during that show. pry my lips apart with a bottle-opener. the right central incisor may look real. but it is a fake. i pretend that it's a real tooth.
let's say i've fallen into a meat-grinder. feet-first. no rock, no head. my last action is reaching with my right hand to the heavens for help that will never come. for dramatic effect, the machine gets unplugged. this hand is all that's left. a pile of ground me below. peel this hand open and you will find three alloy metacarpal bones. they were broken and replaced while i was looking for acting work in hollywood back in 2001. that place is dangerous.

*three words that do not belong together

7 Comments:

Blogger onthetowns said...

I used to have that 6 million dollar man figure. He had a spy-glass eye. You could look through the back of his head for 6 million dollar vision. I think it might have been a re-styling of a GI Joe figure that had the same spy eye. I'm not sure though... I've never actually seen the GI Joe figure. Just heard stories.

9/13/2006 4:03 PM  
Blogger Overdroid said...

I've been out in Hollywood so long, my entire left side is cybernetic components. Peel open Allen Simpson and you would find innards like the Terminator. If some one really wanted to identify you I could point them to the engine block you always carry with you. Not many people do that.

Quaint
Undulating
Ducks,
Please
Veer
Back.

9/13/2006 7:18 PM  
Blogger maryk said...

>>I think it might have been a re-styling of a GI Joe figure that had the same spy eye.

OH LORD! I just remembered that thing! I had that! Yes, i had a G.I. Joe. My parents gave it to me for christmas. I used to be kinda rough with 'dolls.' they got so mouthy.
this all may explain something about me.

i have a piece of pencil lead in my right palm and another in my right inner thigh.
still little gray marks there under the skin.

9/13/2006 9:04 PM  
Blogger ablebody said...

weird. i have a pencil lead in my left inner thigh from a kid who just thought "hey, i'll stick this pencil in you" - it's still there. i'll show it you. should've probably after the beers tonight. childhood, eh?

xanadu
owes
history
violent
gay
office

9/14/2006 3:21 AM  
Blogger Overdroid said...

I have an accromial-clavicular dislocation. I got it when an 87 year old woman ran me over in Atlanta. Also I have spit and vinegar in me.

Blah
blah
blah.
Blah
blah
BLAH!
So.

9/14/2006 5:20 AM  
Blogger Overdroid said...

You need to add a new post.
Why do I even subscribe to this blog?

9/21/2006 4:17 AM  
Blogger maryk said...

I heard dat!
Word!

Dill!

9/21/2006 12:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home