Tuesday, December 13, 2005

peckish

today i missed an audition for some sort of low-APR lender advert. i'm glad i did. instead i shot a scene for fake wood wallpaper's feature "blood car". click it, read about it.
i was a man-in-black, refusing to sacrifice my flesh to blood car. partly because i wasn't being paid enough by the government. but mostly because i found a marshmallow hamburger in the glove box. after three bites, i conclude the mallow burger tastes like a flip-flop.
mike brune chased us on a bicycle while swinging an axe.
fake wood wallpaper are idiosyncratic story-tellers. one of my favorites is a short called "beard arm". alex orr portrays a man with a beard. and an incredibly long arm, which he and co-star chris pierce use in an attempted robbery. they're foiled when --- oh, no way. i'm not spoiling it.

6 Comments:

Blogger Blog Monkey said...

the film sounds brilliant. any time a mallow-burger can be used as a plot device, i'm sold.

12/16/2005 4:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Haloooo!

I've seen your comments on MaryK's blog, but didn't realize until now that it was you.

Yippee!

Please give Stacey a happy holiday squeeze from me and have her give you one back.

(Yes, my livejournal is not terribly interesting so I'm not offended by people who don't want to look at it, but there it is in case you do.)

12/29/2005 3:34 PM  
Blogger maryk said...

I think I see somebody who needs higher blog esteem in 2006! I'm lookin at you, Burgin Lawson.

1/04/2006 11:58 AM  
Blogger ablebody said...

this is a party line.

1/04/2006 12:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I harbor no delusions of blog grandeur.

Matthew, that burger photo is *nasty*.

1/04/2006 3:52 PM  
Blogger maryk said...

did you go to their film night at the Living Lounge at Apache Cafe on Thursday night? I didn't. Didn't know about it til after it started.

1/07/2006 11:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home