Tuesday, October 11, 2005

i'm a fool to do your dirty work

this week at pushpush friedrich schiller's the robbers opens. billed as a 'movieplay' the production is largely video with only 3 live actors performing on the stage.
i cameo as a... hmm..a unique -- one man struggling against... ah, hell i don't know what. i got a call to be in a scene at atlanta's supra-dive: lenny's.
you think the clermont lounge is nasty? lenny's doesn't even have nudity. in fact, the last time i was there, a man dressed like a police officer threatened to kick my ass. the bar was closing. my wife was inside. i attempted to gather her. when i opened the door this hulking dude grabbed my arm and twisted it behind my back. he had a gun. i called the atlanta police department and they said there should not be a cop working there. they'd check it out. the securi-fake had left. i had not yet been back to funland lenny's since.
the movieplay scene had me being thrown from a wheelchair to the floor. my face made contact with booze-hardened worn carpet and broken glass on every take.
for free.
that candy machine to my right had a nickel stuffed in the quarter-slot. i snagged it.
that was my payday.

2 Comments:

Blogger maryk said...

Stomp! Shout! Scream! shot one of the band scenes there, I think I was telling you the other day. Scary, scary people go there. During the day. Toothless people, who look in worse shape than the oozing-eyed, semi-stray Stilwell cat.
Did nobody even buy you a beer for your efforts? THAT sucks. We got a beer, at least. And you only got a gun in your back if you wanted it there. And baby I'ma wantit.

10/11/2005 3:20 PM  
Blogger ablebody said...

there were 2 women there who Damn! & Aynow'd sahr while he was getting dressed for the movie. one said she had a $1 incentive for him if he "din't" put his pants back on. the other had $10.
sahr just smiled.

10/12/2005 5:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home